March 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was just what I needed.  It was both productive and restful.  Saturday we ran a few errands.  Drove to World Market and HomeGoods looking for shelving baskets for Emma Lucia's only shelf.  I wanted to put her story books inside a woven basket instead of free-floating on the shelf. This is what we settled on:


Unfortunately I couldn't find anything else I had in mind.  The Homegoods in West Falls, VA (there isn't one in the district) is not up to par with the Miami and New York ones.  Where's Miami when you needed?  They don't have much to choose from and their selections are poor and untrendy.  I guess the living room face-lift would have to wait until I find the right items.  Same thing happens with the other outlets up here.  Marshall's and T.J. Maxx are a shame and let's not even discuss the supermarkets.  Publix is a giant compared to the Safeways, Giants and Harry's Teeters. 

We also  checked out a somewhat new food joint, The Cajun Experience, and the experience wasn't The Big Easy I was expecting.  You can read my husband's Yelp here.


I had the shrimp po'boy and he had the catfish po'boy. Bottom line is I could have done better just with some creole ingredients.  Chipotle is not hard to concoct.  

On Sunday I spend the whole day washing Emilu's clothes and crib accessories.  I never thought it would be so much trouble washing baby clothes, but the loads and the detergent amount plus the drying instructions can leave you dizzy and super tired.  We settled on this detergent.  It is free of dyes and fragrances.  Made for sensitive skin. If you are interested on a list of detergents that are safe to use for diapers and baby clothes, checkout this mama's thorough chart via diaperjungle.com

We also finished painting the hallway and part of the dining room nook the same color as the living, a dolphin gray.  Now all the white trimming pops even more.  I'm loving it.  I will post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment