May 4, 2012

Have a sunny weekend










 
Source: tumblr.com

If these images don't capture Summer in its most purest form, then I don't know what else does.  The truth is, when I think of Summer, I evoke my own childhood memories and experiences and they almost always include playing outside until late, beach trips, rolling in the grass, eating fun chilled treats, and just frolicking around.  Even now that I live in cold weather for more than four months out of the year, I look forward to Summer like a child.  The beach, the sun and the hot days of Summer are and always will be lodged deeply inside me.  This Sunday we head to the airport for our long anticipated vacation.  It's Florida and the D.R. for one whole month.  I hope you have exciting plans, and I can't wait to hear about them.  I will be blogging and checking you out from my Summer outposts, and will keep you updated with pictures and other silly things. I'm trying to have a childlike perspective and see Summer as the ultimate holiday. If you can't really be silly during Summer, then when can you?  As always here are a few links to brighten your weekend.  See you Monday!

Rock'n Roll animals

Can you enunciate caprese the Italian way?

the Summer belongs to Ikea 

the cutest handpainted wooden clothespin dolls I've ever seen!

I love Bulgari!

these doughnuts look amazing!

three hundred and sixty five days (you'll need a tissue for this one)

five tips for adding green to your home

time for refreshing and outdoorsy cocktails, try this one! 
 
 
Source: 
Source: herblog.com
Source: tinyurl.com

6 comments:

  1. Have a GREAT vacation in Miami and DR!!! Maybe you are already on your way when I write this :-)

    I wish summers could be like our childhood summers. I lived in the countryside and could run around outside and take the bike down to the lake. Just frolicking around as you wrote. This summer I will only have two weeks vacation, but I hope I will get a little better at enjoying the long evenings during summer (the sun sets very late in Sweden in the summer months). I don't even have a balcony, but I have a park nearby and loads of outdoor services around the corner.

    Love the mobile with copper thread, Seaglass and shells, and the striped espadrillos with a colourful bead necklace around the ankle! And the memories your pics and post brought back :-)

    PS: Did you embed photos from Pinterest? Just to let you know, if the pin is deleted, it will dissappear from your blog too. I did this a few times when I started blogging, and it was annoying when the pics where gone. Now I always save the pics and upload them (and I have replaced a few of the pics and videos that were lost).

    Enjoy and frolick around as much as you can! Not as easy when you have a toddler as it was as it was when you were a child, but... as much as you can! :-)

    Love Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to be careful with Pinterest, sometimes they link is broken even when you can Pin it. The problem with saving them as jpegs is that my computer at home is slow and old, and this takes too much effort. But I love the Picmonkey editing webpage it's so cool, thanks for letting us know about that!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, those photos are really perfect!!! I also always look forward to summer. There is something so amazing about breezy days, sun-kisses skin and long evening walks:) Have a great start to the week and that cocktails - yum! Muah, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Summer evenings, they are my favorite. Did you get to seen the Supermoon, I was thinking about you!

      Delete
  3. Great pictures. I am aching for summer. I enjoy living in a place where I get to experience a bit of each season.. it makes me appreciate each when they come bringing their own beauty and fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love that I get to experience all four seasons, it's special in its own way.

      Delete