December 13, 2011

Should you buy that gift?

Are the holidays stressing you out? Do you break into hives every time you swipe that credit card? Some people go into deep debt during the holidays, and it's hard to stop when all you want is to find that perfect gift that will make your loved one gasp in delight. Back when the economy was good (better) we used our bonuses to buy presents. I sure hope we get that bonus this year, otherwise things are not looking good (reminds me of Chevy Chase in Christmas Lampoon).



What a funny way of having you reconsider every gift so that you don't go overboard like most of us do. Happy shopping everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Hahah that is totally brilliant! I just spent 5 minutes going over each one:) Happy Tuesday, my dear, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to make it a budget Christmas this year... and I don't use credit cards. There is other times for gifts and get togethers, just as nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy nameday to your daughter! I will go and see my son in a Lucia procession in a church tomorrow, nice to hear the traditional Lucia songs. The 13th is the Lucia day, but processions takes place in the surrounding days too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't start shopping too early because I keep finding little things to add to the gift pile right up until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too I'm on a budget, as a stay-at-mom I have no choice. I also find that shopping too early makes me want to spend more.haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This visual is awesome. Strangely, I haven't started buying gifts yet. Um, yeah, I know that could be a problem. But most of the gifts I've been sending to friends are homemade goodies, specifically jars of chocolate hazelnut spread that I make myself. I think that's way better than a scarf, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Brandi, I would love to get something sweet and homemade rather than a scarf. A friend of mine was in Canada and she brought us Canadian Maple syrup, I mean, it was the perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete