November 28, 2011

Eating solids and more

Our baby daughter started eating solids finally! She loves eating scrumptious sweet potatoes, green beans, avocados, pears and apples, bananas and carrots. But the other day she became constipated. I read it's sometimes common for babies to pass hard stools when making the transition to solids.  I hope this doesn't become habit. Poor Emilu was so uncomfortable, I saw her struggling. When it was all over she laughed and wanted to play with the remote control (her favorite toy).
Her new thing is to drag herself with her tummy to reach for toys.  I guess this is the precursor to crawling.  Yay, so excited.  I, sometimes, cannot believe she's my daughter.


She's also doing the following:

  • Understands the word "no"
  • Imitates some of the sounds we make
  • Rolls over from tummy to back, and vice-versa
  • Looks down when we call Piki, our dog
  • Opens her mouth when she sees me chewing something
  • {Now this one took us by surprise} Grabs the remote with one hand and attempts to point it to the TV 
  • Responds to sounds by turning her head in the direction where they're coming from, such as the mail getting dropped through the mail-hole in the door.
  • {This one makes me soft inside}Throws her arms at me when she wants me.

No comments:

Post a Comment