October 17, 2011

Milestones and Resources

Our baby daughter is 5 and 1/2 months old. Where has time gone?  She now sits unassisted and is starting to learn the pincer grasp (I know!).

One thing we still struggle with is sleep.  Every time she turns a month older, her sleep patterns get all out of sync.  It happened at 3 months and at 4 months.  It seems to be a combination of factors, none of which seems to be hunger or growth spurts.  From teething to overstimulation due to developmental growth, she knows and experiences them all.  I found a great online resource about the secrets of babies behavior ( highly recommended) and this has somewhat helped mitigate my own fears and how I deal with these struggles. 


One thing I really enjoy is the fact that she now likes activities more and more.  Also her attention spam seems to be getting larger.  Now that she can sit for longer stretches without being propped or assisted, she has become a little more independent.  And this frees me from having to be next to her all the time.

As far as teeth go, we still haven't seen the elusive pearly whites yet.  I can't wait to see those suckers and finally start solids.  We have postponed solids until she's 6 months old, due to the initial allergic reaction she had to rice cereal a month ago. 


No comments:

Post a Comment