August 26, 2011

Cute things


Today, I'm leaving work early.  After being hit with an earthquake this week, District residents are preparing for yet another natural phenomenon, Hurricane Irene.  I heard people have evacuated in parts of the Carolinas, and the New York City subway system will shut down. So much for the city that doesn't sleep. I started a list. I got candles and batteries this morning.  I still have to get baby's milk and water.

I hope you all stay safe and dry.  But, before I sign off, here's a few links to brighten your otherwise stormy weekend.

Unique posters and postcards Hi. Posters.Ok. Postcards.Ok

Creative Art work 

Beautiful handmade baskets and wallets

Looking for an inspirational blog? Longest Acres might be your answer.

And while we are at it, pick up a copy of Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver before the warm season is over, it will make you understand a few things about nature, summer and love.

Get your fix of little girls' rooms

I'm dying to see this film.

Also do you know Mafalda?  She was an Argentinian girl from the 60's with a huge load on her shoulders, she literally carried the world.

And who doesn't love a good deal.  Check out apartment's therapy best sites for daily deals.  It won't disappoint.

Have a lovely weekend. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment