April 4, 2011

You have to be brave!

I want to start this week with a life quote that will help guide my steps in this new adventure I'm about to embark:  motherhood.

This is the final stretch of pregnancy, of carrying this baby inside and soon it will end, and we will have to face each other and teach other so much.  What is to be brave?  Is it worth the trouble?  I know I will have to be brave in situations that I don't have the energy or desire to be.  She will be watching, and learning quietly.  Just like I watch my mom and still learn from her. And I want to teach her so much through actions and deeds.  I want her to know that learning to be brave doesn't have to cost us much.  That bravery is an amulet of choice but it's also one that has its rewards.  And in order to reap the rewards, you have to wear it.

Little Emilu (Emma Lucia) will be brave and compassionate.  That's what her name means to me.  Emma, a brave and courageous one, and Lucia, a compassionate guiding light.  

No comments:

Post a Comment