March 29, 2011

Care for a Smoothie?


As I have stated before, one of the many cravings I enjoy and indulge on is plenty of fruits.  I eat apples, pineapples, mangoes, plums, strawberries, kiwis, you name it, and I have eaten it.  So lately I have been craving smoothies. But they can be expensive at $5 for a small one.  When you calculate one everyday that's basically almost $40 a week.  So I have been making my own.  You can throw in anything you have when it comes to fruits, but I like the berry smoothie, so I make it with strawberries, pineapple, bananas and a dash of grapefruit juice.  The result is a decadent citrus-berry explosion.

Follow the steps below:
If you don't have grapefruit juice, another good alternative is guava juice.  Guava is a wonderful tropical fruit. And you know who loves my smoothies more than me?  My kicking baby.  She gets a jolt out of so much flavor. 

Tonight and almost every night I go to bed with a full glass.  And this will come in handy once I start to breastfeed.  Mothers need so much nutrients, especially in liquid form.  And the baby will get good antioxidants and awesome sweetness in a full serving.
Salut and sweet dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment