January 30, 2011

Knock, Knock

Something extraordinary happened last night while in bed.  My soon-to-be daughter started her usual evening somersaults and cartwheels as I was lying down in bed.  My husband leaned over and put his hand on my belly wanting to feel these Olympic feats.  But mostly she's rather shy about tact and as soon as he places his hand on my belly she suddenly stops all activity.  It had been a few days since my husband last felt her kicks. So I placed his hand back on my belly and then I started soothingly calling her name.  I did this a couple of times until my husband's hand suddenly jerked up.  She had responded!  What an awesome feeling. We did this again and again, and even poked my belly a few times to see if she would respond to touch rather than voice and guess what?  She kicked again and again! So what did we do last night? Had us our first baby dialogue with our baby daughter. So moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment