August 24, 2010

She's Having a Baby

On Sunday morning I awoke with the slight suspicion that something was amiss, so I decided to take a home pregnancy test.  Being that it was a "sensitive" test, it would detect the HCG hormone present in the urine as early as 4 days prior to the arrival of my period.  So while my husband prepared breakfast, I locked myself in the bathroom and pee on the stick.  I then shut the lights, sat on the floor, remained very calm and waited the three minutes.  After about 5 minutes, I sprang up, switched the light on, and took the stick in my hands and saw this.

I gasped not knowing what this meant, and because I didn't stop to read the instructions carefully I failed to see that if you are one of those impatient women, then this was the normal outcome, a faint line.
I went back to the instructions (so easy to read and in graphics, thanks Answer) and then called my husband.  He stood there looking at the stick, a smile forming on his lips, and said to me, " You are pregnant!" But are you sure, I kept saying.  Then we both looked at the images and saw two options for a positive pregnancy, a bright and a faint line. "See, yours looks like this."

So there you have it.  We giggled and hugged each other nervously and remained in a state of anxious bliss for the rest of the day.  I had a strange surge of energy that morning.  After having just a cup of espresso I went out to walk the dog twice and then went out for a long brisk walk to the park, until my legs and buns hurt. How could this be so simple!  I'd always imagined a romantic, exotic way of finding out the big news.  Baby dust to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment